If it is true that “A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words“, then…
At Garaventa Photography, we specialize in writing your families or businesses story in the form of an artistic Portraits. With over twenty years experience of putting people at ease, we create portraits that reflect Personality, Character & Affection that our clients are proud to display and enjoy in their homes, offices or publications for years to come.
About John, an Artist’s Profile
John’s earliest formal photography training was in a National Geographic version of photography boot camp while training for an international exchange in the USSR. The result was a June 1979 article “Life on the Farm Soviet Style”. He continued his formal education in photography at The Art Institute of Atlanta graduating first in his class. He freelanced to the Hartford Courant from 1984 to 1988. He formed Garaventa Photography in 1989.
Other references and affiliations include:
- American Society of Media Photographers, CT Chapter, Group Show
- The Salvation Army & Connecticut Children’s Medical Center,
- “Second Time Around, Grand Parents, Parenting Program.”
- Board of Directors, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, South Windsor Chamber of Commerce
- Former member, Board of Directors YMCA Camp Jewel
- Former member, Hartford County 4-H Camp Board of Directors
- Martin School, Verplanck School Manchester CT Yearbook Advisor